• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
BEW
Junior Boarder

Warren Haynes...Pro/Con?

#20940 3 years, 5 months ago
While I adore Warren with the Allman's and Gov Mule I am less than overjoyed when he plays with Phil/Furthur as I frequently feel the strength of his voice/timbre and his playing overpower everyone else and it starts to sound like the A Brothers jamming with the Dead. Love the current lineup.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: Warren Haynes...Pro/Con?

#20962 3 years, 5 months ago
he fit in with PL&F's better than the Dead
Warren plays with the slide too much and plays too loud, he doesn't have the light touch needed for playing more sensitive Garcia songs
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#21013 3 years, 5 months ago
he doesnt sound like jerry like JK does. that can be good or bad depending on your point of veiw. i feel like he took the dead deeper and into undiscovered ground a little more than JK does simply because of his similarities to jerry.
Steve
Junior Boarder

#21165 3 years, 5 months ago
I like Warren's playing, but NOT on GD tunes. Strange as that is, I'd rather hear him playing stuff other than the dead.
Thanks Charlie Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#21242 3 years, 5 months ago
I liked the Dead with Jimmy H. on guitar better than the Warren lineup
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#21306 3 years, 5 months ago
I always dug his playing with the Allmans and I thought warren brought an interesting style to the Dead. . His voice and slide playing made some songs smoke, I loved Night of a thousand Stars, great lyrics! It's funny when Furthur first got going people were really dissing Warren say ing keep him away from this band (Furthur). At First I was very skeptical about JK but over the 8 shows I've seen him play, reallly improved and I got into his playing. Get the soundboard from the Gorge in 04 on the wave that flag tour. Warren just kills Playin in the Band. Check it out with both ears open.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#21390 3 years, 5 months ago
only seen em with the brothers wasnt he in govt mule too?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#25547 3 years, 5 months ago
Really looking forward to Warren's solo album. Gots to get a copy on vinyl. Going to check him out this fall at Harvest fest.
yatkoj
Junior Boarder

#25770 3 years, 5 months ago
i love warren he is amazing player every time i saw him w everyyband i enjoyed (allman,dead,mule) but deff love furthur was better the the dead with him...also all of his albums hes on are amazing all the mules,solo,phil and friends hes awsome...i got to meet him in a hotel while my friend interview werid this is i just listen to the cd of the intervieww yesterday 4 the 1st time he was really cool down to earth said he didnt party on tour it was woik i belive it u cant do what he does if ur fucked up he goes hard playing double bills alot and records alot pron the hardest workin man in show biz
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds