• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
reb
Visitor

Jorma & Barry solo acoustic @ Stage One 8-18-11

#21822 3 years, 3 months ago
Jorma Kaukonen and Barry Mitterhoff

Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:30PM

Reserved: $52.00 - $62.00
Standing Room: $52.00 - $62.00

200 seat venue, Stage One, Fairfield CT

It feels as if you are in a livingroom, the performers sit in the center of the room without a raised stage.

Great brews on tap and a bar shelf. Very cool place.

...When legendary finger picking guitarist Jorma Kaukonen, a founding member of both Jefferson Airplane and Hot Tuna, tours with mandolin master Barry Mitterhoff, there’s a sort of telepathic energy shared between them that can’t be explained. Building and improvising harmonies and feeding off each other’s musical energy, the two virtuosos join to make an impressive stage duo. Playing a wide range of deep, old, storied blues, folk rock and Dead-era classics, it’s an acoustic night for every live music lover.

Hot Tuna releases Steady As She Goes in April and they tour like crazy but Jorma and Barry just couldn’t deny -- it was time to hit the road again. StageOne is honored to have them.

boxoffice.fairfieldtheatre.org/single/EventDetail.aspx?p=499
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: Jorma & Barry solo acoustic @ Stage One 8-18-11

#21827 3 years, 3 months ago
hopefully they'll play the fur peace ranch this year
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by the highway terror.
reb
Visitor

#21849 3 years, 3 months ago
I thought that Jorma played at FPR all the time since it is his place. I think it is a school though. I really don't know much about it or where it is located.

I am thrilled to be seeing Jorma and Barry in a 'livingroom' environment. Stage One is an awesone venue.

I saw Jorma, Barry with Jack at te Beacon a few year's ago and it was intensly pleasureable. I just could't pass this show up. I got my ticket (4th row center) and it is hard to beleive it is not sold out yet.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#22199 3 years, 3 months ago
hot tuna is coming to the sherman theatere in stroudsburg PA
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#22266 3 years, 3 months ago
reb wrote:
I thought that Jorma played at FPR all the time since it is his place. I think it is a school though. I really don't know much about it or where it is located.

I am thrilled to be seeing Jorma and Barry in a 'livingroom' environment. Stage One is an awesone venue.

I saw Jorma, Barry with Jack at te Beacon a few year's ago and it was intensly pleasureable. I just could't pass this show up. I got my ticket (4th row center) and it is hard to beleive it is not sold out yet.

the fur peace ranch is in Meigs County in Ohio. It's a nice place with a bunch of little log cabins on the grounds for the guitar students to stay in and a larger hall with around a 200 capacity for intimate shows. The good shows sell out fast and way in advance.
Here's the website.

www.furpeaceranch.com/
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds