• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

Jackson Browne fans

#232289 1 year, 9 months ago
Any Jackson Browne fans here.
Im a fan thats why im going to see him on munday.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by DancingTurtle.
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

Re: Jackson Browne fans

#232304 1 year, 9 months ago
I'll hit you up on JB. Not really a big fan, but have a lot of respect for his songwriting. His heyday was during my formative teen years and I put him up there with Joni Mitchell for influencing my worldview w/r/t relationships both social and romantic. Only owned one of his albums ("Saturate Before Using",duh...) Funny you should mention it 'cause just the other day I was somewhere where the Muzak played one of his tunes ( forgot the title, but has the line:..and it's good to see your smiling face tonight..."). Was moved enough by the "blast from the past" to be kinda silently singing along when a younger woman noticed my familiarity with the tune and inquired about it, which lead to much more discussion...
Enjoy the show and give us a review!
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#232328 1 year, 9 months ago
I've been a Jackson Browne fan since Doctor My Eyes. At his best he's an absolutely brilliant poet.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#232545 1 year, 8 months ago
The name of the song is "Fountain of Sorrow
It's one hell of a good song.

Fountain of sorrow, fountain of light
Youve known that hollow sound of your own steps in flight
Youve had to hide sometimes, but now youre all right
And its good to see your smiling face tonight

The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser
66slim
Platinum Boarder

#232727 1 year, 8 months ago
The album "running on empty" was in regular rotation in my eight track player. I have always enjoyed his singing and playing.
And leave it on!
theotherone
Junior Boarder

#232756 1 year, 8 months ago
66slim wrote:
The album "running on empty" was in regular rotation in my eight track player. I have always enjoyed his singing and playing.

Saw him @ Red Rocks, right about when that album came out....they opened with running on Empty, & after the 1st encore, they came back out & JB said that since this was one of their first gigs on that particular show, they had already played everything they had rehearsed, so if the crowd didn't mind, they do a repeat, & played Running on Empty again.
His writing, esp in the early years, is phenomanal....recently re-aquired Late for the Sky & it's in the regular rotation out in my shop.
......While the Music Plays the Band.....
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#232820 1 year, 8 months ago
I love David Lindley, the guy in the band that plays the lap steel, mandolin. etc. It was the late seventies, I found myself in a Champaign, Illinois hotel room partying with my girlfriend, her brother, David Lindley, and another band member smoking hash oil and drinking Heinekins after the show. I don't recall much more than that as that was many a brain cells ago.
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#233208 1 year, 8 months ago
So it was a good show I didn't know it was going to be an acoustic show but all and all it was still fun.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#233234 1 year, 8 months ago
I think most of his shows are acoustic nowadays. A lot easier than trying to maintain a band.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#233252 1 year, 8 months ago
I saw him play with his band in 09 at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles.
I hope he plays there agen.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by DancingTurtle.
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds